Hello all. I've been a member of this forum for some time, but have not posted since ..... well, a long time. However, I've recently agreed to photograph some dogs for MONEY!!! In fact, I am now breaking into the photography business, wherein my day job is a landscape architect for the National Park Service (retiring as soon as I can) ..... anyway..... The photo.....

I was asked to shoot in her house, as I do not have a studio. I took this shot, which I think is quite good of the dogs, but the door, furniture, and blue storage tub were unacceptable additions. And, these dogs were so poorly trained, that every shot was a grab shot. There was no posing going on here. The image can be found here, along with a few others:

http://www.dustydogdigital.com/Pets/Pets/4194759_wG8Ax#1134961203_SMzXp-A-LB

So, I masked out everything but the dogs, and put them onto a layer of blended nothing. I think it looks decent, and the customer loves it. But, is it acceptable in the big, wide world of professional pet photography? Do others here do this? Your thoughts and advice would be wonderful. Thanks!

p.s. I am going to continue to do this as long as my customer base wants it. Ideally, I'm looking for a studio to rent or share. That's coming soon....