I did use the clone tool. I masked, cloned, and cloned some more. Fact is, it's way too much work. As we all know, the less we have to do in post processing, the better the final outcome. I like the images I took of the dogs. The backgrounds really sucked. I think I did OK, and the client was very happy, but it's not ideal by a long shot.

I also agree about taking outdoor shots. The light is better, and the backgrounds are always better than a cluttered house. But when I shot this image, it was cold, gray and muddy in her yard. And, the dogs, all six of them, were not well trained at all. They're rescues, and she fosters them. It was a tough shoot.

I am going to get some backdrops. I see now how utterly critical it really is, if I going to pursue this in any meaningful way. Fact is, nature and wildlife photography is more of what I've done over the years, but I'm looking for a more lucrative photography venture now. Pet photography seems like a perfect match. I'm going to hit the business hard when I get back from Uganda in February. (Stay tuned for some of my postings in the wildlife forums.)