Jim,
I first contacted the photographer that sent out the photos and told him that since the dogs in the photos I was talking about were mine (a small stretch of the truth) and that we were thinking of running the photos in our magazine with his copyright intact, I'd like them not to make him look like a total a**Hole. He seemed to like that idea . I've only altered the parts of the sign that were either blank or in error and I've matched it to the rest of the sign with his signature. So, he's not only fine with it, he's relieved he doesn't have to come up with a fix.

As for retribution to the show chair, no, I won't do that. She's a friend and she simply forgot and then exacerbated the situation by inventing a reason for something that was unreasonable. When you get to be our age, you will be more compassionate with those types of behaviors . The folks who took the photos own the Conformation market in FL and this is not going to change that. Which is fine. I'm not out to hurt anyone. But I know that if I had made similar mistakes, I'd be castigated (read that carefully) but, because of the way I do signs, I can't make those mistakes. Or, if I do, I can easily fix them.

I've always bent over backwards to give this person her website images within 48 hours, and prints to winners within a week. It's clear that neither better images nor better service are relevant factors in who gets hired but I did think that loyalty would outweigh faulty memory. I guess not. There really is no right answer. I'll just tuck that situation into my experience log and move on. For me, the bottom line is that the exhibitors should get a good and correct product. The rest of this is just pure BS so if I can help create that product, I'm happy to do so. I will never get credit for it nor will I get compensated but at least I'll be happy with what I see in the mirror every morning -- well, with some adjustments for those jowels and double-chins

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz