This week I finally got back into the swing of things with the camera, finishing up the two Collie Specialties I shot last weekend, taking photos of our new home which we start moving into this week and taking ring candids of dogs now showing on the Florida Circuit of Dog Shows. So, I thought I'd post a few to see if I've still "got it" when it comes to my bread & butter shooting.

Here's the Best Of Breed Collie from the second weekend show. I already mentioned in a prior post that the show photographer for the All Breed shows loaned me his setup for the Specialty formals. My thanks to Tom Digiacomo.

Last Thursday, we visited the property we're moving into and introduced Cassidy -- The Queen -- to her new domain. She promptly walked the entire property and marked every corner to claim it as hers. Here are two shots from the back yard looking back at the house.

The kids will have over an acre to run compared to the 1/3 of an acre we have had for the past 22 years. They will be very happy.

On Friday, I took a number of photos of dogs in the Rottweiler ring. It was 32 degrees up on the hill in Brooksville and people were using hand-warmers -- in their shoes -- to stay somewhat warm. My specialty is moving shots and I managed to get a few. Here's Junior, a 9-month old puppy who is actually Sundance's half-brother out of his daddy, Sonny. He was Best Puppy and went on to take a Puppy Group 2.

Here's Berte showing in Best Of Breed. Berte won BOB in yesterday's show over some of the top dogs in the country.

And my favorite shots were of Bridget, Ch Falcon Crest's Bridget Bardot RN CD, now 7 years young, showing again to get her Grand Championship. Bridget was the number one Rottie girl in the country 5 years ago and she's just as beautiful today.

Overall, I shot more this week than I have in several months and the left arm, while better, is feeling the effects of it. Wait until we're moving. I'm going to have to be very careful.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz