Penny,
we've lived on 1/3 of an acre for 22 years after living on 2 acres in CT before we left. I've walked a lot of dogs a lot of times so having a yard which we can cross-fence, set up areas for Agility Training and Conformation Training and areas to just run and play is going to be so cool!

The trade-off is a much smaller house. Great back porch but 1970's lower-middle-class ranch in a neighborhood that is getting revitalized. In time, it will be a great home but for a while, we'll have to shoe-horn everything in. The good news is that it will benefit from any improvements we can make and we do some pretty decent renovations. There will be room for both of our offices but probably not enough room for a studio. So, I'm going to have to work out a solution for that.

But the yard has room for training, room for fun and room for outdoor portraits so it's really worth all the other sacrifices. Our lives are so much about the dogs right now that giving them the proper environment is very important to us. I'll be able to take in more rescues. Take in more borders. Take in dogs for training. We are really looking forward to the change. And, yes, even at our advanced ages we can still look forward to embracing changes in our lives.

Life is an adventure,

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz