Hey Tony,

I would like to hear more about the processing as well. I like the look and richness of the colors.

From a composition perspective, I like the 2nd the best. It is the 'cleanest' of the three images. The hunter is very prominent and there are no distracting influences. I also really like the solar flare - it is something I do in a lot of my own work.

I feel the same way about the 3rd shot, but I am not sure I get why the hunter is holding the antlers. It is solid composition and well lit. I also like his placement in the film plane. Very well done.

I WANT to like the first photo in the series. My problem is that I feel that the hunter gets lost in the trees - maybe that is intentional as you wish to emphasize the element of concealment. However, it does not quite work for me. I DO like the way that the gun has almost a 3D look. Was it taken with a WA lens?

BTW, the lighting in all three are excellently done. May I ask what you used as a lighting source, given that in all 3 images the subject is being back lit by the sun?

Thanks for posting these, Tony. They are very good compositions - and you are right, very unique for the forum.

Cheers,
James