I've been grinding out formals from the American Rottweiler Club's National Specialty Show in Lancaster PA a few weeks ago but I also had the opportunity to shoot candids for the lead-in show, the Colonial Rottweiler Club's Specialty. By the time we arrived in Lancaster, I had over a dozen folks who had contracted with me to photograph their dogs at CRC and several more asked me once we arrived. I'm not sure which show kept me busier but I do know I shot over 5,000 candids at CRC over 3 days.

Great movement shots are difficult to get and I've been luckier than most in being able to capture just the right moment. First of all, it takes a great moving dog. No matter how talented or lucky you are, you can't get great moving shots of dogs that don't move great. Then, you need to be able to get into the right position to shoot the dogs moving and you have to be lucky enough to get the right timing on your bursts to actually capture the dog(s) at full extension/full contraction. Here's my "best of" moving collage from CRC. Many of these dogs were showing in Best Of Breed but just as many were in the classes.

Hope you enjoy these.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz