Decided to update my portfolio portraits of some of the kids today since Moxie, primarily, has matured so much since being in heat last month. Plus, despite the heat outside, it gave me an opportunity to try out a couple of backgrounds in the yard and see how they look in portrait sittings. The first setup was using a backdrop of Morning Glories which adorn one of the fences in the yard. Since it was facing East, it provided direct if slightly contrasty light. Here's Moxie (Annihaus Blue Suede Moccasins) at 19 months old.

Then, because we have a guest staying with us for the next week, I decided to update his portrait. Max (Ch Beachwalker Rowdy To The Max CGC) is a 6-year-old son of Rowdy who finished his AKC Championship last December. He was just recently bred to Moxie's mom, Juneau (Ch Annihaus Midnight Sun) and puppies are due on or about August 29. So, here's Max.

When I looked at the shot of Max, it reminded me of a similar shot of Rowdy taken a few years back. Here's Max's daddy and Moxie's granddad, Rowdy.

Tomorrow, I'll test drive a second location with a backdrop of Lantana cascading over a wooden fence. I'll share more then. All current shots taken with my Canon 85 mm F1.8 lens @ F2.2.

Jim

Last edited by jimgarvie; 07/04/11 04:06 PM.

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz