Finally completed my July 4 Family Portraits today with Cassidy and Sundance. Let me just point out that each of the portraits of "the kids" was taken with me as poser, baiter and photographer. These kids will all sit and stay on command. Believe me, nobody is as surprised as I am smile! I pose them, walk back to my camera position and then show them a Milk Bone with the left while I shoot with the right hand. It's how I used to do Rowdy and, somehow, all these kids have inherited his posing skills. The stuff that rides on DNA is truly remarkable grin.

For this session, I made a huge mistake. I brought out Cassidy and Sundance together. Dumb idea. While I was posing Sundance, Cassidy snuck over and stole my Milk Bone and then the two of them chased each other around the yard for 10 or 15 minutes. Got them back, washed them off, cleaned off the drool and got back to shooting.

First up is the Queen, Cassidy (Annihaus Rowdy's B Cassidy). At 8 years of age, Cassidy is the eldest of our dogs and is the Alpha Bitch. She inherited that from her grandmother, Annie Fay, when Annie passed away a few years ago. Cass is a Rowdy daughter, is the half-sister of Harry Potter, the mother of Sundance and the grandmother of Moxie. Here's Cassidy Ann.

Sundance is a Cassidy son out of her first litter sired by Sonny (BIS/BISS CH Ivoss Touch The Sun). Sundance's formal name is Annihaus Cassidy's Sundance Kid CGC, HIC. He is truly a ham in front of the camera and is a joy to work with. I like him smiling, so this is the photo I've chosen to share with you. Enjoy.

That completes the Family Portraits. I hope you enjoyed catching up with the Garvie family. No, there will not be photos of Jim and Linda. We believe the camera captures your soul.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz