Hello everyone!

I've been struggling lately with ways to market myself as a pet photographer. I switched from weddings/families to full time pets in February/March 2011. This month I photograph my last two weddings and will be fur-only from here on in (YAY).

My biggest hurdled at the moment is letting people I know I'm here and getting clients in the door.

I was wondering how some of you market yourselves to get the word out about your studio or professional services. What has worked, what hasn't. I feel like I am spinning my wheels at the moment. Help, ideas?

I've tried:
- Adding my flyer to grab bags at local fairs/festivals
- Street canvassing, dropping my flyer into mailboxes
- Setting up a small booth at pet shows (usually a 3-4 hour event at a local summer fair)
- Setting up a booth at the local cat club show
- Using free adds (local online magazines, the news paper, craigslist/kijiji etc . . .)
- Donating a free session as a door prise at the pet show/cat show

. . . And so far, nothing, my inquiries are few and far between. Even the people that have won the gift certificates have not come out to claim their prize.

I've done countless free sessions for families and friends to make myself appear busy on my Facebook and website (and to portfolio build). But the truth is, I've had one paying customer since I started this adventure.

I'm not sure where I am going wrong. Maybe I just need to give it more time and keep at'em like I have been doing and persistence will pay off?

I'm open to hearing what you all have to say. Thanks for the input.