Originally Posted By: jimgarvie
Don,
I'm on the Board of Directors of the Gulfstream Guardian Angels Rottweiler Rescue organization of Miami and have been involved in Rescue for over 40 years. Personally, I don't think anybody who breeds cannot be involved in Rescue. Oh, BTW, I work just as hard -- and with the same criteria -- to place the Rotties we Rescue as I do to place the puppies we breed. Last year, we lost our Rottie Rescue girl, Marion Louise, at 13 years of age to bone cancer. She helped raise and train 4 of the 6 litters we've bred in over 16 years. During that time, we have been very fortunate to only have to rehome one the puppies we've bred. She was Molly and was initially sold as a pet to a single mom who realized she just didn't have the time for her. We were fortunate to rehome her with a very good family in Virginia and she became Annie's second most-titled offspring earning titles in Agility, Obedience and Herding. We take care of our puppies for their entire lives. We also help take care of our breed. We see both of these as part of our responsibility in owning a dog.

Jim

Hi Jim, I think, I didn't make clear what I wanted to say.
It's just because of my emotional connection I would build up to the puppies. I always would be afraid that one of them could possibly end in a dig shelter or worse - and to avoid that, I'd probably keep them all.
Of course, as a breeder I would love to keep contact to their owners but you can't force them to keep contact. They can move to another ciry or just houses or they can just tell you to leave them alone or what ever...
No, I'm no breeder material.

It's a long way to tip a rary