James,

I have been thinking about this thread since I read it early this morning. As to your initial question... I think putting together "decent, concise tutorials" seems like a lot of work. I don't know if they have been done to death or not, but the information is out there.

As a new member, I am appreciative of the insight given by the NWP community. The information I have gleaned has been insightful. I can see why Jim and Roman may feel the way they do. Trade secrets and such. But, here's my take.

In my day job, I am a dog groomer with about 16 years under my belt. Through a lot of long hours and persistence I have had the good fortune to build a client base with over 300 standing appointments and have not accepted "non-referral" clients for over 3 years. I get to pick and choose who I take in. It took hard work, perfectionism, and an artistic eye to attain my level of ability.

I can see by the work shared on this forum, many of you have attained a similar level of artistic professionalism.

When I meet a novice groomer, even an experienced one for that fact, and they ask me for my opinion or tips on grooming and business, I am always willing to share some insight. Am I afraid I will give away some mystical secret? Not hardly.

Most people aren't will to pay attention to the details or put in the work.

I remember the techniques that I learned from others over the years. Yes I would try to emulate them, but then I would "make them my own". If one is truly an artist, that is what you do. You create.

Either way, at my novice level of photographic technique, I have little to offer in PS or much else at this time. But again, I am appreciative of you, Roman, Jim, Peggy Sue, Don, and the rest.

Thanks for sharing, Doug

P.S. It's like Jazz... If you want to get good, you play with players better than yourself.

FOR THE LOVE OF DOG!!!