I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I think both Jim and Roman characterized themselves as much more curmudgeonly than they really are. I know from experience, as well as observation, that both of them, as well as many others here at NWP, have been very generous with their time and expertise to help anyone who asks, regardless of status.

I could be wrong, but I took their comments to be more of an an objection to a more detailed, structured and comprehensive "tutorial" approach, which would require a lot of work and result in a significant transfer of hard earned expertise. That is much different than offering a few tips or suggestions to someone who is struggling with a particular problem. Moreover, much of what would be included in a Photoshop tutorial is already available in a variety of free and/or for a fee form elsewhere on the web.

I anticipate that the friendly,helpful and collegial atmosphere that causes many of us to prefer NWP to other unnamed fora will continue even if it is on a more case-by-case or problem specific basis.

Jim