Hey Doug, thanks for commenting. WOW, you certainly put a lot out there for me to think about.

The Halloween shoot is a free photo day so they are not charging. The Christmas photos I believe they mentioned that they charge $5 or $10. I am not being paid any portion of the proceeds from the prints. Now that you mention it, I think this is something that I should defiantly consider asking about; maybe not on this shoot but definitely on any future shoots. The customers are getting a single 4x6 that will be printed at a local lab of my choice. The store will be reimbursing me for the prints. Customers will have to pick-up their print at the store.

My assistant will be my husband or a good friend of mine who works with the animal shelter and has helped out with photo days like this before. In either case they are also volunteering their time.

Yes, the store has been advertising for the Halloween photos. Unfortunately, they asked for my services after their ad campaign was printed so my name is not on it. I would like my company name to be on any future ads. In both cases, the shoot is just one day for a couple of hours, 11am-4pm. I will be supplying lights and a backdrop if needed and the store will supply props/Santa. Another option for the Halloween shoot is photographing outdoors but for the Christmas photos this would not be possible in my area.

My objective is to book a couple of private studio sessions. If I manage to do this than I will feel like I have succeeded. I will be allowed to bring samples of my work and set up a table. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have been finding it very hard to get my name out there and reach my target market, no one knows about me. I will be collecting addresses and email addresses. Having this type of exposure sounded like a good thing to me – but maybe not as you pointed out. I think shall give it a go for the Halloween photos and yes both parties can evaluate success before for the Christmas photos.