James,

I have been studying your photo for for about 15 minutes now and here are my impressions. This is a photo that I would love to see in person in a large print format. Through my monitor, my eye is drawn to differing points as I move in and out from the screen.

As I move away, my eye is pulled toward the horizon line and the mirror image monochromatic reflection of the sky in the lake. It's as if its a split screen mirror image with pink tones in the clouds and their reflection drawing me in.

As I move closer in, I am drawn to the foreground and the rock formation. Here is where I drawn to the depth of the image. The pebbles and the shapes and colors of the of the outcrop give texture. I love the ripples of water through the rocks playing against the ripples in the lake. It gives movement and depth to the image.

If you were to crop it just above the clouds, it would put emphasis on the foreground, however you'd lose the mirror image aspect. Cropping about 1/6th down, just where the pink of the clouds starts entering the blue, would still give the mirror image effect.

As I said, I think this would work very well in a large print format. It can imagine it hanging in a gallery with me moving back and forth experiencing it from both perspectives. That is what one does with fine art.

Well done, James.

Doug

Last edited by FretlessD; 10/15/11 07:12 AM.

FOR THE LOVE OF DOG!!!