Thanks for the information. I think this is just a case of me trying to find my grounding an establish myself. My area, like many, has an overwhelming population of “photogs” who practically give away their stuff for free; $700 weddings and $75 for family photos on a disk. Then we also have the elite group, the guys that know their value and charge accordingly.

I'm still trying to figure out where I fit in as a pet photographer. But I certainly don’t see the guys who charge $3500 for a wedding making up these discount days or mini sessions. So I’m not sure it’s worth it and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I do like some of the ideas that Jim pointed out in his note. Jim's whole take on it seems a lot less gimmicky then what I seen where people give away an 8x10 plus 5 images on a disk for $50.

I got caught-up in the moment this month and thought I would give it a whirl and put together a Halloween mini session for the $50 price but so far no takers. This could of course be over shadowed by the free photo day that I will be doing for Pet Value and the Animal Rescue.

Last edited by Nicole St-Onge; 10/15/11 10:20 AM.