UPDATE!

So the Halloween Celebration was today! Just over 50 in all, dogs, a few cats and a bunny! I loved it! Of course I'm thinking that Christmas photos will bring in double the people.

Now for the questions:

There was an adoption group on sight today and I'm not opposed to working with this type of charity, in fact I want too, but no one told me that the free photo day was more of a fundraiser for the rescue. The rescue put a donation jar on my table and people though they were donating money to me but it was all going to the charity. I felt a little cheated but it's for charity so how can you be made at that? So when the free photo day is for a rescue group I guess I shouldn't really be charging the store anything for my time (right)? I guess I need to clarify this for future events.

Now I'm not planning on selling anything other then the free 4x6 that they are getting. If they want quality work and to purchase wall portraits, greeting cards and prints etc..., I recommend a session in my studio. So when it's not for a rescue group what's that magical number that you should be charging for my time in store? Is it the same per hour that I would charge in my studio or is it a per photo rate?