This is how I would do it, but keep in mind that I know nothing about facilities in your area that will do the event. We have several pet supermarket type places here, one with a warehouse space that I use (the rescues make the arrangements) often for these things. They are happy to draw in customers by hosting the events for free.

In either of these situations, a rescue that will promote the event is crucial. For the mass events, I've done as many as 30 sessions in 6 hours and as few as 2 in five hours based on how well the event was promoted.

Of course, promote it yourself as well, but the rescues have (or at least should have) a large mailing list.

For the second idea, the promotion still applies, but have them promote it permanently on their web page, at adoption events and by inserting flyers/postcards into any adoption packages.

Dear Rescue Person,

I'm glad our photo event was successful and I have a few ideas on how it can be even more so.

1. I'd like to arrange a photo fundraiser at [figure out what to do about the location] for 4-5 hours. The session fee would be $40 [pick your own price, but this is what I do for mass events], and would include one 5x7 or one digital file [sized to print at 5x7]. 50% [again, use your own figure] of the session fee would be donated back to the rescue.

2. As an ongoing fundraiser, I'd like to offer a discount of $150 off a private session, which is regularly $350 and donate $100 from each session back to the rescue [use your own numbers].