I got a call today from someone who saw this image hanging at an exhibit at our local library. He want's to use it for an ebook he's putting together about birds. He said he's a photographer, but is lacking in owl shots, so mine interested him. Here's the catch.... He knows he can download an image for about $5-10, but they have "imprints" and he wants a "clean image." He wants to sell his book on Amazon or elsewhere, wherein the iPad would be the primary reader for this book. "Great", I said. To which he replied that he can't pay me anything, because he can't afford it, but my name would be associated with the image.

Gee, thanks. Guess what? Yeah....... For a commercial use, I'm thinking more like $500, rather than $5. Is that too much? Not enough? I just want to counter with what I think the photo is worth. And, not for nothing, I really like this image a lot. It's worth lots to me, even though it was an injured, captive owl. Your thoughts? He's sure not getting it for $5 or for free. Screw that.