Hey there! I studied photography and journalism in College but ended up working in printing and publishing. When I got married in 2009 I had to move away from my job at a publishing house and I found myself working at the Wal-Mart Portrait Studio. (lol – don’t ask). My wedding photographer offered me some work as her assistant and I returned to night school to update my photography knowledge.

My career as a wedding and portrait photographer was short lived. It was Christmas 2010 that I posted some photos on my Facebook of my pets and I got a call from another photographer with a referral to do some pet photography. It was then that the little light bulb clicked in my head and I knew that pet photography was the path I wanted to follow.

I’m still working on building a client base but I’m confident that I am on the right track. This Christmas season I have been given the opportunity to photograph in some Pet Valu stores. While I may have unintentionally undervalued myself and my services with this business opportunity, I’m hoping that I will be able to make connections with pet parents and store owners that will lead to business in the future.

I’ve also recently started working with some animal rescue groups. They have been immensely appreciative and great spokes people! It’s the best thing I have done so far to help promote my business.