James,
the project started in earnest just before Thanksgiving. That backdrop actually is the town of Rottweil and Linda added in a few Rotties in windows, doorways, etc. and we asked folks to see if they could "find the Rottweilers". The prints (we had to order 3 and overlap the images because the club couldn't afford one big one) are over 20 feet long and are attached to a wooden frame which is, in turn, attached to the pipe framework for the standard pipe & drape setup.

The "carts" are all hand-built to cover the 4 dog crates we had for our "workers". The carousel under the Xmas tree has Rotties instead of horses all hand-decorated. The sleigh and the nutcrackers are all hand-built and decorated. It was a huge undertaking but we have done it for our parent club in previous years when the Eukanuba was held in Orlando and Tampa. For the past few years, it's been in Long Beach, CA and a West-coast crew did the booths. So, we have now won a Best In Show, a Group One and a Group 3 in our last 3 booths. Linda is really an incredible designer and we have a very willing family here in Orlando to help us. But the most satisfying thing is watching the people when they come to the booth, talk with the people and then get introduced to the dogs. Some who came told us they were afraid of Rottweilers. By the time they left, they were getting puppy kisses. Putting your face close to a Rottie's mouth after you've been afraid of them your entire life takes not just great courage but total trust in the dog and the person with that dog. All the people and dogs that attended that booth over the two days were exceptional. Several came by with one of their dogs in the morning and a different one in the afternoon and each dog was very well-trained and very sweet. I'm not surprised when I see that but I am in awe of the amount of work owners are willing to put into their relationship with their dogs.

When the AKC holds their Meet The Breeds event at the Javits Center, I encourage you to attend even if you don't take a booth. I think you'll find it a fun and rewarding experience.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz