I want to touch on a little Facebook etiquette. Its not written anywhere and Facebook being such an emerging marketing tool, there are just some things we either do not think about, or doing so in my opinion in an unethical way. As true professionals, I believe we should hold ourselves to very high ideals.

I have my personal facebook page and I use that mainly for personal stuff. I post a lot on there. On my business page, it is 100% business. I post 1-2x's a day max to keep it active, yet not be annoying. I want interaction. I want interaction with people who want to hire me at some point the most though lol. I comment on other photographers photos when I really like them, and others comment on mine. Which, I love.

This brings me to the point of this huge post. My pet peeve. When another photographer posts on my page AS THEIR BUSINESS PAGE LOOKING FOR BUSINESS COVERTLY. This is marketing on my advertising. Like walking into my studio, commenting on my photos on the wall and handing the client a business card of your own. Even worse, when they post a link to their page and say "Like me and I'll like you back!"

I don't think its something usually done on purpose(sometimes it is, often it is not) But, its something to think about. If you are a regular personal account you are posting as YOU. If you are a page, you are posting as your business, with the ability to go right back to your BUSINESS PAGE.

Its food for thought and often we don't think of something until its brought to ones attention. I find it very disrespectful. I will pull those posts from my page fairly often depending on my mood and what I think the motive is behind it. I had one person yell at me(figuratively speaking) via email and say she was taught to do that sort of marketing on a forum. Nice tactic. Probably why it is such a pet peeve of mine. Note the pun lol

This just happens to me so often, and its just so terribly RUDE that it is something to be cognizant of.

http://www.rocktheshotforum.com/2011/09/16/facebook-etiquette-for-photographers/