Originally Posted By: horsephoto
Yeah Julie, the photographers obsessively liking other photographers just to have more likes is kinda dumb. I mean, it's pretty pointless as they aren't your market and aren't going to be your customers. I do like a lot of photographers pages-but only because I actually like to look at their work (or we're related lol) not because I went on a binge of trading likes.
Oni

There are several reasons why having other photographers as "likes" is not necessarily "pointless." Consider the photographer that offers workshops or sells actions... that photographer's customers are other photographers. Also, for some of the "bigger names" numbers are important. Want a sponsership from a manufacturer or software developer, they want numbers (and they're no interested in folks looking to have some pretty pictures made for them). So depending on ones business model and "stature" in the industry it's not necessarily a pointless excercise.

It's also worth noting that prospective clients what says "this photographer is talented" better than a positive comment by another photographer? A "kudos" from a non-photographer is one thing, a rave from a peer something quite more.

Last edited by Bob D.; 01/07/12 12:17 AM.