I would consider the Jims, Preston, James ect; friends. I have LOTS of photographer friends. Yes, we comment on each others stuff and its really nice to have the comments. I like it. I think everyone likes to hear nice things.

The reality of it is I pay my bills off of photography. I spend time working facebook to keep people wanting to spend money with me. I do like other photographers pages that I don't know and mostly, for inspiration. Occasionally I will comment on something especially moving or cool.

I see these pleas for photographers to trade likes. Beyond having more likes, there really is no benefit. I am not talking about someone selling to photographers, that is different. Also not who is asking to trade likes. It may seem like a good idea, and its really not a hurtful idea, but, it isn't gonna really help.

It is nice to have comments from your peers, and though *I* may value it more, not sure that prospective clients do. This is a emotionally driven business and what you post is what you bring to you.

Its still rude to market off of the backs of fellow photographers. If you are doing it, you know its wrong. Even if some guru said it was a great way to get new clients.