Originally Posted By: jimgarvie
Sorry, Don, I'm with Peggy Sue on this one. My dogs may love to hang their heads out of the windows of a moving car but they only ride with restraints, either on the seat with a seatbelt or in a crate. If I have to stop quickly, any dog riding free is at risk of injury. It's like those folks who think it's OK to let their dogs ride free in the bed of a pickup truck. Sorry, it's not only dangerous it's irresponsible. Can folks do what they want to do? Absolutely! Will I be willing to tell them if I think it's wrong: Even more absolutely!!

Jim

Hi Jim,
of course my dogs are secured by a belt (I wrote so) whenever they are in my car. As I never would take the risk that they can jump out of the car - or thrown around in the case of an accident. But I won't belt them down to an extent that they have no space to move. If they join me im my MX5 (think it's called Miata in the US), they definitely are wearing convertible goggles. But if I'm driving in the city, I let them put their head out of the car (as I said secured by a belt). I'm really tired of the over-cautiousness our western society is moving into. Where's the 'joie de vivre' if you avoid anything that might represent a risk.

Last edited by DonParrot; 01/09/12 08:40 PM.

It's a long way to tip a rary