Originally Posted By: Peggy Sue

I do not believe this is a recent thing on being afraid from doing fun things. I know of a man who has a false elbow from placing his arm on the window while he drives. Just yesterday I almost had my mirror removed from my truck as another truck wandered out of his lane into mine. Had one of my dogs had their heads out of the window, major injury would have taken place.

And how many people do you know who have put their elbows out of their cars every day throughout their lives without encountering such an incident? You will always find what you search when looking for it long enough.
Every day, people and animals die in car accidents. Does this mean we should stop driving?

One of my cats was killed by a car. Nonetheless, I never came to the conclusion to lock the others up in the house for the rest of their lives. I'd rather let them lead a short but exiting life than making sure that they survive their full 25-year lifespan but are bored day in, day out.

Being reasonsably cautious and overcautious are two different pairs of shoes - as we say in Germany.

Originally Posted By: Peggy Sue
So, you can certainly have fun doing what you want. I have the right to express my anxiety about it. If I were to allow my pups to do what you enjoy, at the very least I would have googles on them. Sorry you are tired of others opinions not agreeing with yours.

No need to get personal. It goes without saying that you are free to speek your mind but you should accept if other don't share your opinions. In your first comment, you were rather emotional and outspoken, so you should allow others to opt for the same approach.

It's a long way to tip a rary