Three more images from a "real world" test of the lens: I like to use the 70-200 focal range for portraits if and when I have enough room. Yesterday, my wife, Linda, asked me to take a "quick portrait" of her for an article she's written for Working Dog Digest. Now, you need to understand that Linda absolutely hates having her picture taken. She feels that cameras steal your soul wink. So any time we do a portrait session, there's nothing "quick" about it. So while she got dressed and did hair and makeup, I got Sundance spruced up a bit. I figured since the article was about Rottweilers, it made sense to have one in the picture and Sundance is a great model. Plus, he'd relax Linda.

So, we went into the back yard and I used the new lens @70mm, F8, 1/20 second, hand-held, right hand only, squeeky in the left hand. Here's what I got.

Later, I had the dogs out in the yard and it was time to bring them back in so I spotted the puppy, Scamp, way in the back of the yard and called "Scamp, Come!" Here's what it looked like when he started his recall.

He is getting to be such a cute kid!

And, finally, as I was walking around the yard, I spotted one of the Dragonflies that have started visiting us recently. Here's a semi-macro shot -- no extension rings; no telextender. Just the lens.

These are the types of things I typically shoot: portraits, action shots of dogs and macro or semi-macro for my own pleasure. The lens has to be able to do those things well. And, based on my first two days of testing, it does them very well indeed.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz