Great comments. I did take it in the rain, and no i dont cover my equipment, it was very wet when I got done. I try to cover my camera when moving from location to location, but when I'm shooting i dont cover it - it' nikon gear, it's made for photographers who use their equpment outside - what more can I say. . . On that note, I do need go bet a good cover, I should be more careful.

I would not put it in the river, but I've never had a problem with the rain and snow.

I should have taken a picture of my wet gear useing another camera just to show you guys how wet you can get this stuff.

Im not recomending it, each to their own, but I really do use my stuff and likely push the limites, but I'll pay for for that one day, good or bad, I'm sure. . .

I'll watch the highlights more in the future. I really wanted to see how much people were impacted by the blown water! youre comments are exactly what I was looking for!

I sure wish there was a Kayaker that would run those falls, If so, I'd photograph it for sure! Those falls are steeper than they look and there's a rather large log jam just around bend, noot to mention that nice log clothes line at the bottom! However, there is plenty of water if I could move that lower log and then find a radical person to run it, it could be done!