Hi James:

The shots I liked best are the one of the cabin catching the morning light, the one shot through the window frame, and the one with your friends standing by the barn.

I also like the shot of the moose in the river, but wonder if it would benefit from some additional post processing . . . something I am pretty much clueless about. However, I wonder if bumping up the blacks a touch would help ameliorate the affects of the haze a little. Also, maybe a slight boost of the clarity and vibrance sliders would add a little more pop to it.

The one I liked the least was the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone shot. Too much Canyon in the foreground for my taste, but great job with the ND filters.

The Tetons are one of my favorite places in the world and, with one exception, we have always camped at Gros Ventre. Your article reminded me of one of my favorite camping memories. Over 30 years ago, when we were camping in Gros Ventre in late July, we had driven in to Jackson Hole for groceries. That afternoon, as we wandered around town looking for a restaurant to have dinner in, the sky became increasingly overcast and there was a sudden chill in the air. It felt like snow was coming. On a hunch, we ducked into a local outfitter and bought the only catalytic heater they had in stock.

By the time we finished dinner, it was pretty obvious that a major storm was blowing in. We had a really difficult time getting back to our truck for all the people stopping us to inquire where we got the heater and offering to double or even triple our money to sell it. We resisted the temptation, and that evening the temperature plummeted and it snowed a couple of inches.

Your story also reminded me of the time we were camping on the North Rim and, as is extremely rare for me, I actually got up early enough to drive to Imperial Point to catch the morning light. We arrived during the waning moments of the golden hour and there was only one other photographer there. With nothing but a hand held point & shoot, he and his friend managed to somehow monopolize every spot I wanted to shoot from till it was too late.

Jim