Interesting answers. It does help to have a clear idea what you prefer so when you get the client that asks what do you think, you can state your preference. It really is best to have on display what you like so hopefully they can just look and "see" the answer. smile

I have a neighbor that has been shooting stock for years and seems to have made a good living at it. I am sure his income has fallen off but with the amount he has built over the years, hopefully it adds up for him. (Although he has been looking to move since our taxes are killing us!) He has used my dogs for years and I have had them on covers of calendars and covers of books that he has done. He shoots very differently than I do and I find that my look is not at all what his stock house would pick.

I am interested to hear how you display or advertise work. Is it the type of work you want to shoot or do you shoot what people seem to want? Do you believe as is often said, do what you love and you will find the audience for your work? (paraphrasing! lol)

Animal show photographers seem to be jockeying for position and have contracts that exclude anyone else from shooting. Do you feel your work is unique enough to stand out? Is competition good or bad for your business?

Peggy Sue