Robert,
I'm nearing the end of my 60-day free trial of Capture One and I have some very positive results from getting to know it pretty well over that time. First a comment about THAT: who offers 60-day free trials? That in itself is remarkable but they know what they're doing because it takes that long to be able to use it well enough to really see the differences. Plus, by the time you've been using it for 60 days, it's difficult to say goodbye. It's a great piece of software.

I'll share images once the trial is over but I can tell you right now that I'll be adding it to my software suite. I've re-processed a lot of files, some that date back to my very first digital camera, the D30 back in 2000. And those files look remarkably vital and new after processing in C1. I've also re-processed and printed several of my favorite files from the past few years just to see how the prints compare in a direct A/B viewing and I'll have more to say about that later. All I can say is, if you really want to get the most from your files, and you shoot mainly RAW, give Capture One a trial. I think you'll be as impressed as I am.

Jim

Jim Garvie
www.jagphoto.biz