LOL, don't be upset at your sister-in-law. By September, there probably won't be one puffin on the island...well, maybe one or two. They will mostly be gone by mid to late August. The fledgling period is probably about over now...so if we go out there, there will be few opportunities to get that iconic shot of the puffin with the fish in their mouths.

September is a great time to go to New England, particularly further up. Late September is best...with Columbus Day in October being considered the "Peak" time. I just took a week off to do New England this year in Fall. I have not done that in years - and years - and years as I am always in Wyoming.

How long will you be driving up this way?

James

Originally Posted By: Tucson Jim
Gonna shoot more Puffins?

I'm so disappointed. We scheduled a cruise from NYC to Quebec City at the end of September and were going to rent a car and visit my sister-in-law in Moncton, NB. That would have enabled us to visit Macias Island. So what did the woman do? She just moved back to Ontario. AARGH#@%^ At least I should be able to see fall colors on our stops along the New England coast.

Have fun on your trip.

Jim