This sounds awesome! Will you be in New York City for long? Chanthee and I would love to meet you!

As to 'must places' in Acadia, Bass Harbor os definitely my favorite location. However, Cadillac Mountain is also a must. It is the spot in the USA that gets sunrise first. Also, I really think the Otter Cliffs are an awesome location to shoot sunrise...and Schooner Head.

James:

All totaled, between 5 & 6 weeks.

We sail out of New York en route to Quebec City, Canada on Sep 22nd. Ten day voyage with stops in Newport, Rhode Island; Boston, Mass; Portland, Maine; St John, New Brunswick; Halifax & Sydney, Nova Scotia and Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island along the way. We'll spend a few days in Quebec City then drive our rental car to Tilbury, Ontario which is on a little strip of land between Lake Erie and Lake St Claire - not too far from Detroit.

October 22nd we return to Quebec City for the 12 day return voyage which skips Charlottetown, Sydney, St John, and Portland; but adds Port Saguenay, Quebec; Bar Harbor, Maine; Charleston, South Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida. From there we fly back to Tucson.

While we are in Bar Harbor, we're going to rent a car and visit Acadia N.P. Besides the Lighthouse, any other "Must see" spots in Acadia? We'll probably have about eight hours to visit the park.

Jim
[/quote]