James,

I am terribly, terribly, sorry for the late response - I was in the field for a month and now I am getting ready for the new semester (I am a professor as well...which is a tough occupation when your students confuse you to be well...another student due to your age).

In any event, I posted the muskrat (unedited) in flickr. Additionally, I posted a few other photos as well.

I do have a question for you and if I asked something similar in the past than I apologize.

I primarily shoot around sunset. For me, this is the best time because animals often become way more active. If you look in flickr, there will be a photo of a heron. I love the action, however, as you can tell, its a bit gritty (I had to turn up the ISO a bit). Do you have any tips for photographing behavioral shots (meaning fast movement) around sunset? If I turn up the shutter speed to 1/1000 then the aperture will go down to f 4.5 which I do not find to be acceptable. I have been trying to find a nice balance so that I can take decent photos despite going later in the evening..do you have any tips?

Cheers

Alec

Amateur Photographer/Paleoecologist