Hi Alec,

No sweat off my back! The great thing about a post is that it is here for you when you get back. :P May I ask where it was you are off teaching?

As to being confused for a student, I think we all go through that. In my field, many of the social workers out in the community are younger than the parents they are working with. LOL, only recently have I begun to feel older than everyone. Of course, I am not....it just feels that way. :P

I wish we could get at the image better than flickr. Do you want to send me a file? I will be glad to look at it. I will also embed it into a post here for you. :P

James,

I am terribly, terribly, sorry for the late response - I was in the field for a month and now I am getting ready for the new semester (I am a professor as well...which is a tough occupation when your students confuse you to be well...another student due to your age).

In any event, I posted the muskrat (unedited) in flickr. Additionally, I posted a few other photos as well.

I do have a question for you and if I asked something similar in the past than I apologize.

I primarily shoot around sunset. For me, this is the best time because animals often become way more active. If you look in flickr, there will be a photo of a heron. I love the action, however, as you can tell, its a bit gritty (I had to turn up the ISO a bit). Do you have any tips for photographing behavioral shots (meaning fast movement) around sunset? If I turn up the shutter speed to 1/1000 then the aperture will go down to f 4.5 which I do not find to be acceptable. I have been trying to find a nice balance so that I can take decent photos despite going later in the evening..do you have any tips?

Cheers

Alec