Quote:

... I have applied some "hand tinting" ...

The yellow robin I like, and the pardalote. I'm not sure about this treatment though, I mean not sure how I feel about it. Til recently I thought hand tinting meant get out the paint box and camelhair brushes. Now I've looked at quite a few Photoshop tutorials on it I'm still uncertain about "selective colouring". The portrait studio I work for does quite a lot of it, black and white poses with the model holding some red roses, or b&w children with just a coloured background or teddy-bear, that sort of thing. Reminds me of old wedding shots with the bridal group a b&w shot, with the bouquet water-coloured by hand.

So now I don't know if it is old-fashioned as I'd thought, or a new trend - lot of it being done, see it in competition work also. On the whole I'm not keen on photoshopping colour effects: yet some have a great impact and look fantastic: guess it is a case of each one on its merits.

And our local camera club comp tomorrow is open subject matter "Monochrome" - I'm looking for an image suited to desaturate etc etc and not finding one.