Took a nice trip out there mid-June, just getting around to polishing up the photographic results. What a great trip...so little sleep to get some of these shots...but wish I'd had more than 5 days to do it, as there's so much to learn about a place when you're chasing photos...

All taken with a Nikon D200, most all with a tripod. I brought along a Nikon 300mm f4 with a 1.4x teleconverter (fine for most wildlife there), a Sigma 24-70, and a 60mm macro.

Here's Dream Lake...a bit of a hike with the photo gear - high altitude makes for easy winding...

A chipping sparrow looking for caterpillars...wish I'd caught him looking up with this composition...

This is Sprague Lake, great for morning scenics...

Broad-tailed hummingbirds were everywhere...

Here's a Least Chipmunk having a snack...

The very tame and grubbing Clark's Nutcracker always looking for a handout...

The Golden-Mantled Ground Squirrel, significantly larger than the Least Chipmunk...

Had to really go looking for this guy...spoke with every park ranger I could find to get a bead on where they might be...lo-and-behold, I found him in the middle of the trail, not 30 yards from me...headshot with a 300mm...

Here's a composite I made...not wholly happy with it, but...

Here's the campsite...awful view, huh? Great spot for burgers and beers at the end of a day of hiking...that's a rental car, a PT Cruiser...that's what they call "Compact" now.

Here's a duckling at Sprague Lake...

And here, a small rainbow in the spray from Alberta Falls

Thanks for looking!

-Chris