Hey,

I saw Grizzly Man this evening at the Lincoln Center Cinema on 62nd Street. What a film. It was NOT what I was expecting. It was both more and less.

Even though there was some absolutely spectacular coverage of wild bears in their habitat, it was NOT a film about bears or bear habitat. It was about a man who was obsessed about bears and their habitat.

Timothy Treadwell was a hard man to peg down for me though and I may watch it a second time. He was obviously not very well hinged, and I think it is easy to get away from just how amazing a human being he was and just how remarkable some of his accomplishments were. He lived for 13 summers out there - something that seems so very unfathomable.

There were some hysterical scenese in the film - and I will not go over them as I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone. However, I will say that there was one great scene with a bee where I almost choked on my popcorn.

Over-all, I highly recommend this film. It is an excellent documentary. See it while you can...just go to a theater with a nice large screen.

-JM