more news - http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006607310303

also got an email from a guy that's ran into the fire on his trip. I think he's a user, on this site, or maybe it's on photo.net. . . any how, here is what he said:

"Thanks for the warning. We drove from Theodore Roosevelt up to Browning Saturday and ran into someone who indicated they were evacuating the area we had hotel rooms booked for six nights (St. Mary Lodge).

Tryed calling them yesterday and today. Couldn't get them. Couldn't get a room Saturday night anywhere near the park. Had to drive into Canada and stayed in Lethbridge. Checked hotels out near the park for the next few days, no dice (could have stayed at Kandahar).

Decided to go to Banff since we were only four hours away. We are going to stay here instead of St. Mary's lodge and then hit Prince of Wales on the way out. My daughter is with us, or I would extend our vacation and try to hit Glacier as well.

I really appreciate you sending the message. I will let you know how it all turns out."