I got back to the canal where the Beaver Lodge is located. I found them out and about soon after dusk. I really wish they would come out a little earlier:) It leaves little time to shoot, maybe about an hour and a half and then it’s to dark to focus. I went with the 300f4 w/o the 1.4TC and am happier with the results. I still need a Better Beamer or some kind of flash extender. I would say these are from about 60 feet away. But I did get the exposure up some, and waited for him to get up o the banks of the canal. I had the best opportunity, as an adult went to nibble on a tree they have been working on. Damn if he never turned around though, and all I got was a beaver butt. Better luck next time, now I know where that tree is. I am, over all, happier, but there is room for improvement. I wish I could use my flash diffuser, but no way for that. I also may try and get the flash up higher, but I might need a helper for that. I may have to try that next time, flash up high on the tripod and me hand holding the camera below. These shots are all of an adult, and he is pretty big. I would say head to tail he is about 2 feet and looking at him on land, I would say 30 to 40 pounds.

Coming off the bank, he had just been nibbling on a tree.

Oiling himself

Here he has seemed to have returned to a tree trunk/root that overhangs the creek.

Still oiling himself.

More Oiling

Thanks, Jeff