have you read all the threads on this site regarding glacier?

first, you'll have to stay outside the park, nothing is open that time of year.

Second, the going to the sun road, up the east side (from st. Marys, will be closed at siyeh bend. You can walk from there to logan pass - about 2.5 miles. If not, you will have to drive around to west glacir, about 125 miles from st marys.

You can access many glacier, two medicine, and cutbank creek from the east side, as well as the belly river from canada.

You can stay in a hotel, but I dont think any of the east side lodges are open that late, most of the area closes down after labor day. The small mom and pop joints say open a little longer.

As for where to be. I'd say that's up to you, I meant that. I dont know what you like or want to shoot. in genneral, you need to be on the east side for moring and west side for evening. keep in mind that your in the mountains so sun angle is very tricky. deep canyons and close to the mountains leaves little likelyhood of great sun sets and sun rises. that said, there are times when it's spectacular, you just cant predict them. Moreover, I cant tell you what the weather will be like either. could be rain, could be snow, could be warm. I be ready for cold and rain, and snow and warm.

Also, keep an eye out for fires, we have had our share! In fact, St. Marys has a flood evacuation plan in place in the event of heavy rain and snow. There's no vegetaion left - zero - in divide creek, so it will flood, it's just a matter of time.

Always watch for bears and bring pepper spray - well, buy it when you get here if your taking a plane. . .

you can always get some good stuf at avelanche falls and the trail of the ceders, but keep in mind that the water is low this time of year, so you will have to contend with small waterfalls, and shallow creeks.

All that said, fall colors can be nice, but they can be gone by then too. Glacier is an awesome place, but you always take your chances coming here. plan for what you like and want to do, but have three back up plans.

I like it hear because you never have to worrie about what to shoot, it really is different all the time, it's a matter of puting your creative hat on and doing the best you can.

go read all the other threads on glacier park then come back if you have more questions.

Tony