I would not waist the time at double falls. It's almost dry.

I've shot that place so many times and Galen may have been trespassing to get that shot, or, it was durring a time when the Glacier park was allowing people to go into that area when it's still wet. today, you'd legally never get in there when theres still an arch of snow, or in the sping, early summer. They dont even open that area until after the first week of august and the snow is never around, that low, at that time.

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4040&an=0&page=0#4040

I think you should hit bowman lank, early and late, and lake mcdonald early and late for reflection shots - the wind seldom is calm, so your best bet is EARLY and LATE!

Spectacular sunsets migh be possible on the west side, the east side is too unpredictable, and unless you get very lucky, you need to be outside the park to see the sun set.

In genneral, we dont see that many spectacular sunsets, but it does happen, so just cross your fingers. NOTHING is definite here, only that the mountains will be here. I always encourage people to be exited, but be realistic too! I've lived in and around the park for 5 years and I can now say that there's very few things that are consistent and therefore planning is very difficult.

As for other places to be, two med lake, sherburn lake, many glacier hotel and lake, all are wounderful reflection locations, assuming there's no wind, which is very un usual! On spring I took 23 trips in a row to photograph wild goose island before I got the shot i was after. Thats 23 round trips from Browning - about 100 miles per day every morning for almost a month. So, plan for what you want, check the weather forcast and then go after it but have a back up plan! who know's you may get the most spectacular shots ever, or, it may be snowing like mad!

Attached Files
4929-DSC_1214-email.jpg (150 downloads)