Tony - don't make me spend more money.

"In any event, it would do us all good to read the book I mentioned, and learn as much about light and its magic as possible. the more I shoot, the more I find myself wishing I had been able to retain, and put to use eveything I've learned about light in the past. I think I manage to reatain about 3% of what i learn. . . LOL

How about the reflectors, and the posing, do any of you animal photographers have any insight into how best to pose and position the subjects for portraits? How about showing a few examples? "

As for a 3% retention rate - you are well ahead of me. I just LOOK competent - sometimes.

As for posing human and pets, I hate to say it, I do it very much like I do human portraits. To me, human/pet photographs are all about interaction. While you can certainly do a group photograph that includes the pets as a family, I prefer one to one shots with humans/pets. I don't post many of these shots here because I don't typically get releases for this kind of work (I should as it is a large source of after-sales income for many in terms of stock).

James