We went back to the beaver area late tonight. It wasn’t dark when we got there but the light was fading fast. Also the Beaver activity was low too. I was hoping that an adult would revisit the one tree they had been working on, but no such luck. We watched the kits play in the water outside the lodge for a while. Then an adult came out and swam upstream, I was in hot pursuit, a good 1-2MPH:) he went about ¼ mile up stream popped on shore, and grabbed a small shrub branch. Tugged it back in and returned to the Lodge. I had hoped he would stop on the shore to eat, but being the diligent parent he took it to the family. He didn’t come out until after dark.

These shots were of him bringing dinner home. I used the SB-800 in remote with the D70 as commander. The flash was on my tripod mounted as high as it would go. The first series was in-between to close and to far. The second installment was far, and now this is close.

Unfortunately I missed the focus on all three of these. I am slightly back focused.

Thanks, Jeff