I know Tony, I know I need to get up in the AM! Lucky for me this weekend was a mess, rained all day all weekend. But I do need to get out there in the AM and see if I have more time to shot. The hard part is waking up:) Their lodge is on the east shore of a canal that runs south. So there would be no direct morning light on that side, which is the side they spend the most time on, but even indirect natural lighting is better then 100% flash lighting. I agree with you James, the flash is less then ideal!!! The more ironic thing is this canal is well over 100 years old, and as part of some historic restoration projects in PA called Rails to Trails, there is a walking path up and down the west side of the canal. It is nothing like big city trails, but there is a pretty steady flow of people using this trail. One couple, who must walk it 2 or 3 times daily, I see there every time I go. I will have to ask them what the morning activity level is on these beavers. Maybe I’ll get them walki-talkies and we can stake out the joint.
Thanks James, I like that second one too. I am enjoying the challenge. Unlike most wildlife shooting you get a fleeting glimpse and have to act fast. In this case, the individual shots are fleeting, but day after day they are there and the opportunity keeps returning. So, I’ll keep playing. So keep tossing out the ideas guys. It is frustrations like these that once solved, leave lasting technical impressions.
Thanks again Gale, I like taking them too and I’ll keep posting.

On these three, he was so close I probably could have used my bounce card to diffuse the flash some. I am sure that would have helped a lot! Another lesson learned, keep the bounce card handy:)

Thanks, Jeff