You guys need to get out more. Not because you WILL see more, but because you will realize that magazines and TV shows are meant to sell advertising. Your chances of seeing more wildlife increase with your frequency in the field, assuming your doing it correctly.

I also think should not believe all that you read or see on TV. That said, I've been chasing wildlife all over the west for most of my life, first trip to Yellowstone was when I was two and back then you could feed the bears, in fact you had too to get them off the car - or vw van in our case.

Back to the point. I've lived in glacier park for 6 years and have the opportunity to cover A LOT of wild lands from Montana to central Alberta - year long, with some of the best trackers and biologists in the country and I can tell you that we come up without the footage we want far more times that we get what we went after.

To our credit, we know the terrain, and the animals. We have about every advantage but still we come up short. So you have to be persistent and patient.

Don’t be discouraged and don’t stop trying. Some days you can’t miss, other days and sometimes weeks, you can’t buy an animal. So, no matter what you hear or read, there still is an element of luck involved. If I were asked to give any advice it would be to go in search of animals based on the animals rules, not your own. Animals are active when they need to be and in areas that they feel are safe. If that means you go our when the weather is bad, than that's when you go. These parks are not zoos. They still are some what wild. Go in search of wildlife when they are more likely to be active. Learn as much about their habits as you can, and then be ready to put in a lot of long, hard, cold and un pleasant hours. . .