Hi Brian! Thanks so much for this info. It's exactly what I need too.

I have a couple of questions. I have an AB800 for my background light. I haven't used it yet because still trying to decide on a background stand. I wasn't sure if pet photographers have some kind of trick in placing the backlight when the dog is on the floor, which will often be the case with me, so wasn't sure if I needed a certain height of background stand (or maybe they only come in one size?) It sounds like not though, either have to put them to the side or have the pet on something and hide the light behind that. Does anyone do it from above, with a boom arm?

I have a set of 20 different colored gels. I was going to get barn doors from AB but then I read to work with gels you also have to get a main frame so that is $100 vs $29 for the shovel reflector David told me about, which sounds perfect other than can't use it when dogs are on the floor. So I have been pondering...

My question then is how do the honeycomb grids compare to barn doors, is one better than the other for pet photography? I think you need a main frame thing for honeycomb grids at AB too...

Also do you use two backlights to light the background evenly or do you just use one?

The only background I have so far is the seamless white, so I'll get black and gray too. The only already colored background I really want right now is a muslin looking old masters painted in browns, but I can't find what I see in my head. I want a small pattern of mottling since my dog is small, and I am hoping I might find something (if it even exists) that is smooth and not drapey, or wrinkly like muslin gets. Like a canvas panel or something....but no luck yet!

What exactly is remote capture? It sounds like it uploads the image straight into your computer as you take the photo without you having to do it?

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this out for us!

Last edited by Dee Dee; 12/24/06 04:38 PM.

My Web Site www.deedeemurry.com