Hi all

I tried to do a search on this subject as I am certain it has been covered atleast once.

Anyway, this is aimed at those who have been "official photographers" at an event eg horse shows, dog shows etc. How do you 'deal' with other people taking photos on the day?

Cameras are getting more advanced and alot more people acquiring SLRs (even the compact cameras do a great job but their presence may not seem as obvious at an event as an SLR would).

How do you as an Official Photographer view 'other' camera presence at an event? I myself have a dim view of people who snap away and then distribute the images afterwards, whether for free or seriously undercutting the Official Photographers - which can seriously effect the OPs chance to cover their costs.

If I am NOT an official photographer or don't have the blessing of the show organizers to take certain photos then I won't. It just isn't ethical.

But having been an Official Photographer on a number of occasions I have seen some of the caper that goes on. I am getting to the point where I feel I need to express my concerns to club/show committees but am a bit unsure on how to word things.

Thanks for listening, and for your input!

My online photo galleries: http://www.pbase.com/chezzyr