Quote:

Hi all

How do you as an Official Photographer view 'other' camera presence at an event? I myself have a dim view of people who snap away and then distribute the images afterwards, whether for free or seriously undercutting the Official Photographers - which can seriously effect the OPs chance to cover their costs.

This is what is being discussed and what is very irritating at shows. Like I said, have you ever been an OP at an event and had this happen, your sales will reflect it and it is frustrating and can be infuriating.

I am fine with exhibitors families to come up and shoot with me. I have had more than one sit and ask me questions, which I am glad to answer and help them out. Those people seem to almost always buy from me. Of course, I can hear they are missing the shot.

Of course, the win photos it is hoped you will buy. You don't HAVE to. There are many times the shots just aren't good for whatever reason. Send them back and don't buy them

Of course, not calling them over works too.

But, if you look at the original question, it was more about people horning in and stealing your business. Not friend and family