Quote:

here's s a couple from last weekend, check out the curl on that guy, he's must hide during the rut or just run fast!

shot with nikon 200-400 afs, vr. 14 miles on a bike, 4 miles on foot to get to these guys. 40 lbs on the mountain bike makes the trip a bit more demanding!!! LOL I had bad light, but at least the critters were there when I arrived, or it would have been just a bike/hike for the day!

Tony,

Great pics of what can be a truly elusive animal. I know you shoot at Glacier and I was wondering if
that's where this was. The reason I ask is that my best experience with big horns was at Glacier
in 1986. My wife and were hiking out the Garden Wall trail to Granite Chalet when we came upon a
group of a dozen Bighorns with another group of 6-8 Mountain Goats. The amazing thing was that when
we sat down to watch them they came to within 10 yards of us (see pick below). The real downer
here was that I had somehow left my film supply in the car and only had the 36 pics in the camera
to take (today I probably would have shot a couple of hundred with my D200). Also it was
overcast and the light was just so-so and I was shooting Kodachrome 64. We spent about 30
minutes thoroughly enjoying this close interaction and I still look back on it fondly. I've
yet to get back to Glacier, but it's high on my list of places to get back to. Thanks for
rekindling that experience with your pics. Here are a couple of scanned slides from that
adventure (unfortunately the scanning doesn't do the images justice).